Original Code

Questions and discussions are relating to using current firmware.

guytaar

Original Code

Post by guytaar »

Hi,

I've recently bought a few TC553/853 modules. Allthough I like the modules and I was able to get them up and running quite fast, I would like to change a few details. I wonder, is it possible to get the source from firmware running on the ATmega16, so I could do the changes easely? Of course I'm willing to share my changes if anyone would be interested. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Guy

vivat
Site Admin
First Name: Nick
Last Name: G.

Re: Original Code [TC553/853 module]

Post by vivat »

Hi guytaar,

Unfortunately, we don't provide a source code for our controllers. However, you can utilize the "3 Steps Guide Book" that is included on the CD and designed to assist user in writing own firmware to Atmega16 microcontroller. It includes all basic info, in C language that you will need to initialize your LCD, decode and evaluate touch location, reprogram TC51320, TC51553 and TC553/852 controllers in order to make them stand alone units, write an individual program for Atmega16, etc.

If you want to make some changes to the controller's firmware, you can post your request on the forum, we'll review it and will let you know if it's possible to make the change.

Support Group,
TVI Electronics

rtaubitz

Post by rtaubitz »

Hrm, is there a supposed to be a "3 Steps Guide Book" on the CD I got with my TC51854? I want everything in the firmware to be exactly the same, I'd just like to be able to utilise the extra IO's, seems a bit overkill to have to rewrite the entire thing just to be able to use a few extra IO.

vivat
Site Admin

Post by vivat »

The “3 Steps Guide Book” is provided for TC51320, TC51553 and TC553/852 controllers.

The supporting documentation for TC51854 controller is included on the CD that came with your product and also available for download from our web site.

Support Group,
TVI Electronics

rtaubitz

Post by rtaubitz »

Ah ok, so there's no documentation for the TC51854 regarding writing your own firmware for the ATmega16 (that I can find)?

vivat
Site Admin

Post by vivat »

that is correct.

Support Group,
TVI Electronics